- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Lucille E. Hayden, 92, of Perry County, died Sunday, May 7, 2006, at Auburn Creek Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 3, 1913, in Perry County, daughter of Leon and Emma Sutterer Hoffman. She and J. Aloysius "Wish" Hayden were married in 1933 in Perryville, Mo. He died Feb. 21, 1991.
Hayden owned and operated Hayden's Upholstery Shop for 40 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include two sons, Stanley J. Hayden of Hillsboro, Mo., and Michael L. Hayden of Jackson; two daughters, Norma Jean Hitt of St. Peters, Mo., and Bonnie Louis Laney of Atlanta, Ga.; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons and a grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. today at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish wake service will be at 7 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Tuesday. The Rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. at the funeral home.
Funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Kevin P. Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery in Perryville.