- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Lucille E. Hayden, 92, of Perry County, died Sunday, May 7, 2006, at Auburn Creek Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 3, 1913, in Perry County, daughter of Leon and Emma Sutterer Hoffman. She and J. Aloysius "Wish" Hayden were married in 1933 in Perryville, Mo. He died Feb. 21, 1991.
Hayden owned and operated Hayden's Upholstery Shop for 40 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include two sons, Stanley J. Hayden of Hillsboro, Mo., and Michael L. Hayden of Jackson; two daughters, Norma Jean Hitt of St. Peters, Mo., and Bonnie Louis Laney of Atlanta, Ga.; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons and a grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. today at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish wake service will be at 7 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Tuesday. The Rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. at the funeral home.
Funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Kevin P. Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery in Perryville.