- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)11
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Party Sunday for Paula Kempe
To the editor:
Paula Kempe is familiar to everyone who reads the Southeast Missourian from her 14 years of writing letters to the editor.
The response to her 99th birthday was great. Now she would appreciate receiving birthday cards for her 100th birthday. Send cards to: Miss Paula Kempe, The Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703. I hope she will receive at least 100 cards.
Paula's favorite food is pizza. She would like for her friends to stop by the Lutheran Home activity room/chapel at 4:30 p.m. next Sunday to share pizza and birthday cake. A musical tribute will follow the meal.
Let's give this fantastic centenarian a special birthday.
SHIRLEY YOUNG, Scott City