- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Party Sunday for Paula Kempe
To the editor:
Paula Kempe is familiar to everyone who reads the Southeast Missourian from her 14 years of writing letters to the editor.
The response to her 99th birthday was great. Now she would appreciate receiving birthday cards for her 100th birthday. Send cards to: Miss Paula Kempe, The Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703. I hope she will receive at least 100 cards.
Paula's favorite food is pizza. She would like for her friends to stop by the Lutheran Home activity room/chapel at 4:30 p.m. next Sunday to share pizza and birthday cake. A musical tribute will follow the meal.
Let's give this fantastic centenarian a special birthday.
SHIRLEY YOUNG, Scott City