- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Party Sunday for Paula Kempe
To the editor:
Paula Kempe is familiar to everyone who reads the Southeast Missourian from her 14 years of writing letters to the editor.
The response to her 99th birthday was great. Now she would appreciate receiving birthday cards for her 100th birthday. Send cards to: Miss Paula Kempe, The Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703. I hope she will receive at least 100 cards.
Paula's favorite food is pizza. She would like for her friends to stop by the Lutheran Home activity room/chapel at 4:30 p.m. next Sunday to share pizza and birthday cake. A musical tribute will follow the meal.
Let's give this fantastic centenarian a special birthday.
SHIRLEY YOUNG, Scott City