- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Party Sunday for Paula Kempe
To the editor:
Paula Kempe is familiar to everyone who reads the Southeast Missourian from her 14 years of writing letters to the editor.
The response to her 99th birthday was great. Now she would appreciate receiving birthday cards for her 100th birthday. Send cards to: Miss Paula Kempe, The Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703. I hope she will receive at least 100 cards.
Paula's favorite food is pizza. She would like for her friends to stop by the Lutheran Home activity room/chapel at 4:30 p.m. next Sunday to share pizza and birthday cake. A musical tribute will follow the meal.
Let's give this fantastic centenarian a special birthday.
SHIRLEY YOUNG, Scott City