- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
- Business Notebook: Marco Construction Products offers high-end contractor equipment with personalized service (2/12/18)
Party Sunday for Paula Kempe
To the editor:
Paula Kempe is familiar to everyone who reads the Southeast Missourian from her 14 years of writing letters to the editor.
The response to her 99th birthday was great. Now she would appreciate receiving birthday cards for her 100th birthday. Send cards to: Miss Paula Kempe, The Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703. I hope she will receive at least 100 cards.
Paula's favorite food is pizza. She would like for her friends to stop by the Lutheran Home activity room/chapel at 4:30 p.m. next Sunday to share pizza and birthday cake. A musical tribute will follow the meal.
Let's give this fantastic centenarian a special birthday.
SHIRLEY YOUNG, Scott City