- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Lots of road rage on short commute
To the editor:
I drive from Cape Girardeau to Jackson about 100 times a week. I have never experienced more road rage anywhere else in the United States than I do making this trip. Doesn't anyone know that the traditional way to drive is for slower traffic to keep right? I wish officials could put up signs that say "Slower traffic keep right or risk vigilante justice."
The other thing I have noticed is that all the stoplights from Highway 72 to Broadway on Kingshighway are synchronized. If you drive the speed limit, you hit every one on red.
THOMAS HAMILTON, Jackson