- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)4
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Lots of road rage on short commute
To the editor:
I drive from Cape Girardeau to Jackson about 100 times a week. I have never experienced more road rage anywhere else in the United States than I do making this trip. Doesn't anyone know that the traditional way to drive is for slower traffic to keep right? I wish officials could put up signs that say "Slower traffic keep right or risk vigilante justice."
The other thing I have noticed is that all the stoplights from Highway 72 to Broadway on Kingshighway are synchronized. If you drive the speed limit, you hit every one on red.
THOMAS HAMILTON, Jackson