- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Rookie leads Ducks to 2-0 lead with third straight shutout
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Ilya Bryzgalov tied a 61-year-old NHL rookie record with his third consecutive playoff shutout, and three of his Anaheim teammates scored in the Mighty Ducks' 3-0 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Sunday.
Ryan Getzlaf opened the scoring in the first period, and Ruslan Salei and Joffrey Lupul added goals in the second. The Ducks took a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal.
Bryzgalov, who had 22 saves in the victory, hasn't allowed a goal in 229 minutes, 42 seconds.
Toronto's Frank McCool had three postseason shutouts in a row as a rookie in 1945.
Sharks 2, Oilers 1
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose captain Patrick Marleau scored his eighth goal of the postseason and added an assist on Christian Ehrhoff's go-ahead goal, leading the Sharks past Edmonton in Game 1 of the second-round series.
--The Associated Press