- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Trucker found dead in his vehicle
A truck driver passing through the Matthews, Mo., area discovered a dead truck driver at the Flying J truck stop over the weekend.
The New Madrid County Sheriff's Department wouldn't release the name of the deceased man after an autopsy later today, but confirmed he is from Canada.
According to the New Madrid County coroner, Jimmy McSpadden, the man died of natural causes and was found in the cab of his truck just off Interstate 55. McSpadden reports no one had spoken to the man since April 27 but McSpadden can't determine the date of death until after the autopsy is complete.
Authorities aren't investigating the case and don't consider it a suspicious death, McSpadden said.