- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BENTON, Mo. -- Anita Agnes "Needy" Ziegler, 78, of Benton died Saturday, May 6, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 21, 1927, in New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of Albert and Cecelia Westrich Glastetter. She and Arthur L. Ziegler were married Aug. 12, 1947, at St. Lawrence Church in New Hamburg.
Ziegler was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church and St. Ann Sodality. She was co-owner of Ziegler's Bestway in Benton from 1976 to 1993. Ziegler was also self-employed as a Stanley Home Product Dealer for over forty years.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Randall Lee Ziegler of Benton; a daughter, Ada Ree Neely of Benton; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Benton Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at St. Denis Church at 10 a.m. Tuesday, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Church Cemetery at Benton, Mo.