- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Angela M. Hotop, 23, of Perryville died Tuesday, May 2, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 4, 1982, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of David M. and Joan M. Schnurbusch Hotop.
Hotop worked in fund development at Saint Francis and was a writer for the News Bureau at Southeast Missouri State University, where she was a graduate student. She formerly worked at Hoeckele Bakery in Perryville.
She was a 2000 graduate and valedictorian of St. Vincent de Paul High School. She received a bachelor's degree in business administration from Southeast in May 2005.
Survivors include her parents; three brothers, Michael, Mark and Matthew Hotop; a sister, Allison Hotop; and maternal grandmother, Rose Schnurbusch, all of Perryville.
She was preceded in death by her maternal grandfather and paternal grandparents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 3 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. A Catholic wake will be held at 4 p.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.