- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Angela M. Hotop, 23, of Perryville died Tuesday, May 2, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 4, 1982, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of David M. and Joan M. Schnurbusch Hotop.
Hotop worked in fund development at Saint Francis and was a writer for the News Bureau at Southeast Missouri State University, where she was a graduate student. She formerly worked at Hoeckele Bakery in Perryville.
She was a 2000 graduate and valedictorian of St. Vincent de Paul High School. She received a bachelor's degree in business administration from Southeast in May 2005.
Survivors include her parents; three brothers, Michael, Mark and Matthew Hotop; a sister, Allison Hotop; and maternal grandmother, Rose Schnurbusch, all of Perryville.
She was preceded in death by her maternal grandfather and paternal grandparents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 3 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. A Catholic wake will be held at 4 p.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.