- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- William L. "Bill" Brown, 51, of California, Mo., formerly of Anna, died Monday, May 1, 2006, at California Care Center.
He was born June 20, 1954, in Anna, son of Oliver E. and Golda Howell Brown. He and Diane Gibbs were married Sept. 28, 1974, in Jonesboro, Ill.
Brown was a 1972 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School. He received a bachelor of music degree from Southwest Baptist University at Bolivar, Mo., in 1996, and received a master of music degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, in 1999.
He worked at IKT Service Co. in Anna from 1973 to 1992. He was lighting and sound technician at Southwest Baptist University from 1992 to 1996, and was a school bus driver with Rains and Martin Bus Service of Bolivar from 1993 to 1996.
Brown served churches in Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and Texas, in such capacities as organist, sound technician, instrumental director, minister of music, choral assistant, hand bell director, choir director and assistant choir director.
Survivors include two sons, Ira Brown of Bolivar, Aaron Brown of Owenton, Ky.; two brothers, Patrick Brown of Jonesboro, Michael Brown of Fairfield, Ill.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents.
Friends may call at Anna Heights Baptist Church from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, and noon to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Revs. Greg Morrow, Verlee Eaker and A.W. Landis officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.