- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
A day of prayer
For those who experience it, the power of prayer is beyond words. On this, the National Day of Prayer, special observances will be held across the nation seeking divine guidance and intervention for the leaders of our country and those who make decision that affect our lives.
There are two local opportunities today to participate in the National Day of Prayer. The Cape Girardeau Mayor's Prayer Breakfast is scheduled for 6:45 a.m. at La Croix United Methodist Church. The Jackson Ministerial Alliance is planning another special service at 12:10 p.m. at First Baptist Church.
Each year, these prayer services bring together individuals from all walks of life who share a common belief in God and in the power of his guiding hand in our lives. For a few minutes the divisions of our times cease and the hearts of prayerful men and women come together in an effort to elevate our lives and acknowledge our dependence on God's mercy.
Today, pray for our nation, our state and our community and all who seek to govern with justice and truth.