- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Helen Fern Baltz, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, May 1, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Dec. 1, 1920, at Bunker, Mo., daughter of Everett and Bernice Collins Light. She and John Baltz were married Nov. 11, 1944, in Salem, Ark. He died May 25, 1995.
Baltz was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church and a longtime Sunday school teacher.
Survivors include two sons, Doug Baltz of Cape Girardeau, Dwain Baltz of St. Peters, Mo.; a daughter, Barbara Baltz of Fort Belvoir, Va.; three brothers, Carl, Dale and Wayne Light of St. Louis; four sisters, Dorothy Easter of Columbia, Ill., Ruby Light and June Zaretski of St. Louis, Ruth Wilkerson of Florissant, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Centenary United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Jeff Long officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.