- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Raymond S. Owens, 89, of Lebanon, Tenn., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Sunday, April 30, 2006, at Southern Manor Living Center in Lebanon.
He was born March 22, 1917, in Cape Girardeau, son of Steve and Martha Schaffer Owens. He and Grace Reynolds were married Dec. 7, 1940, in Cape Girardeau. She died April 14, 1994.
Owens was employed 26 years with Marine Petroleum Co. of St. Louis, and was a district supervisor in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
He served in the U.S. Coast Guard from 1941 to 1944.
He is survived by three sons, Joseph Martin of Dearborn Heights, Mich., James Owens of Lebanon, Tenn., Michael Owens of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Doris Criddle of Whitewater; nine grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.