- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Betty Lou Franck Schweer, 70, of Cape Girardeau, died Monday, May 1, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born June 9,1935, in Cape Girardeau County, daughter of the late Ervin and Alma Schaefer Franck. She and Gary Schweer were married March 5, 1960, in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Schweer was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church at Egypt Mills, and loved to crochet.
She was a registered nurse at Southeast Hospital from 1956 to 1960, Dr. Wolffe's office from 1961 to 1982, and Dr. Kies office from 1982 to 1999. She graduated from College High School in 1953, and from Lutheran Hospital School of Nursing in 1956.
She played for the Broadway Street Girls Softball Team during her teenage years.
Survivors include her husband, Gary Schweer of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Lanny Schweer and wife Diane of Jackson, Danny Schweer and wife Lynn of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Julie Conklin and husband Jack of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Ervin Franck of Cape Girardeau, Bill Franck of Texas; six sisters, Dorothy Haupt of Texas, Ella Sinn and Ruth Farrow of Cape Girardeau, Geraldine Mehrle of High Hill, Mo., Shirley Josey of Scott City and Ruby Moore of Texas.
Also surviving are six grandchildren, Jackie Conklin III, Dylan Schweer and Jacob Conklin of Cape Girardeau, Tori Schweer of Jackson, Lacey Schweer of Cape Girardeau, and Gary Schweer of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Egypt Mills, with the Rev. Kevin Olson officiating. Burial will be in Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery at Egypt Mills.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105, or to Trinity Lutheran Church of Egypt Mills Memorial Fund.