- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
C.H. Rhodes, 84, of Whitewater died Sunday, April 30, 2006, at Advance Nursing Center in Advance, Mo.
He was born Feb. 4, 1922, at Whitewater, son of Herbert and Sophia Donkel Rhodes. He and Cleo Theile were married July 12, 1951, in St. Louis. She died May 11, 1996.
Rhodes was a 1939 graduate of Delta High School, and a retired bricklayer. He as a member of VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau, Tin Can Sailors, Disabled American Veterans, charter member of National World War II Memorial, and member of Bricklayer and Allied Craftsman Union.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a son, James Reeves of Greenville, Mo.; two grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and three sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance from 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday.
A graveside service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Whitewater Cemetery, with full military rites to be conducted.