- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Hazel Shell Schlosser, 96, of Chaffee passed away Sunday, April 30, 2006, at Heartland Care and Rehab in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 23, 1909, at Grassy, Mo., daughter of the late Fulton and Tula Harrold Cooper. She married Virgil Shell May 19, 1927. He preceded her in death Aug. 19, 1944. She then married Adam Schlosser March 27, 1959. He preceded her in death Nov. 5, 1985.
Hazel was a retired beautician and had owned and operated Shell's Beauty Shop in Chaffee. She was a member of First Christian Church of Chaffee, Chaffee Senior Citizens and Chaffee VFW Auxiliary 3127.
Survivors include a son, Mitchell (Dee) Shell of Chaffee; three daughters, Jackie Fowler of Chaffee, Maxine (Sidney) Anderson of Kirkwood, Mo.; Peggy (Paul) Morey of Quincy, Ill.; a brother, Cline Cooper of Lake of the Ozarks, Mo.; two sisters, Ina Williams of St. Louis, Iona McCutcheon of St. Charles, Mo., 10 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery at Marble Hill, Mo.
Pallbearers will be Mark Shell, Jesse Shell, Jim Fowler, Todd Morey, Ron Shell and Aron Shell.
The family requests memorials made to First Christian Church of Chaffee or Alzheimer's Disease Research, P.O. Box 1950, Clarksburg, Md., 20871-1950.