- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ann Braun, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, April 29, 2006, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born Feb. 26, 1921, daughter of Arthur E. and Emma M. Baumgardt Braun.
She graduated from St. Marys High School, attended nursing school and received her LPN degree. She worked as an LPN at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, and was a member of St. Marys Cathedral and the Council of Catholic Women. She also worked at Bell Telephone Co. as an operator.
Survivors include two brothers, Fred (Ferdinand John) Braun of Mountain Home, Ark., Charles Braun of Phoenix, Ariz.; three sisters, Loyola Watts of St. Charles, Mo., Sister Mary Teresa, OSF, of Wheaton, Ill., and Rita Schmidt of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at 1 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. today at the funeral home with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating.
Burial will be at St. Mary's Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.