- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Willard Lix, 74, of Buckhead Ridge, Fla., died April 29, 2006, at his home.
Willard was born July 15, 1931, in Patton, Mo., son of William and Cecelia Vanderfeltz Lix.
He has lived in Buckhead Ridge since 1983, previously residing at Hidden Valley, Mo.
Lix served in the U.S. Army and retired from the Army Corp. of Engineers in 1979.
Mr. Lix is survived by two sons, William Lix of Scott City and DeWayne Lix of Benton; two daughters, Linda Shank and Jeannenne Sanborn, both of Buckhead Ridge; a brother, Geroid Lix of Fruitland; nine grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
Mr. Lix was preceded in death by his wife, Geraldene, in 1998 and a granddaughter, Molly, in 2004.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Rennie Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau with full military honors.
The family requests memorials be sent to Make-a-Wish Foundation or the Glades County Hospice.