- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Smiths will observe 60 years
John W. and Sylvia Smith of Gordonville will observe their 60th wedding anniversary Tuesday.
They were married May 2, 1946, in Pollard, Ark., by the Rev. S.I. Runyon, uncle of the groom.
The Smiths have four children, Carol Harshaw of Gordonville, Joy Belcher of Kennett, Mo., Janice Corbett of Orland Park, Ill., and John C. Smith of Atlanta, Ga.
They have five grandchildren, Julie May of Dallas, Texas, Elizabeth Yung of Concord, Calif., Wesley Dumey of Tampa, Fla., Heather Harshaw of Gordonville, and Scott Belcher who is deceased. They also have a great-granddaughter, Ashley Belcher of Nickelsville, Va.
Smith was a carpenter and farmer. The couple lived on the family farm south of Qulin, Mo., until moving to Gordonville in 2001. They are members of Berean Baptist Church in Jackson.
They visited with their children Easter weekend in Atlanta, and plan trips to Arkansas and Branson, Mo.