- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Bernice L. Hileman, 91, of Anna died Thursday, April 27, 2006, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Feb. 11, 1915, in Jonesboro, Ill., daughter of William H. and Nellie Ann Brown Hileman.
Hileman had worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. and the Heel Factory in Anna, Illinois Ordnance Plant during World War II, clerk typist and payroll clerk 18 years at Anna Quarries, and office secretary 16 years for Denny and Sons.
Survivors include a son, Jack Hileman of Anna; a daughter, Shirley DeVore of Elizabethtown, Ky.; a sister, Martha Dillow of Anna; two grandsons; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and four sisters.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. today at Jonesboro Cemetery, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating.
Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro is in charge of arrangements.