- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)28
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Alice Louise Welge Irvine, beloved by her family and friends, died at age 80 at 6:10 p.m. Monday, April 24, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Dec. 14, 1925, in Chester, Ill., to Albert Charles and Hilda Marie Gilster Welge. On Sept. 13, 1947, she married Lynn McCrea Irvine Jr. at St. John Lutheran Church in Chester. He preceded her in death April 2, 1973.
She was a graduate of Chester High School and Valparaiso University.
Mrs. Irvine is survived by two daughters, Jane (John) Gockel of Cape Girardeau, Sally (Stephen) Cahalan of LaCrosse, Wis. Also surviving are two grandsons, Matthew William Gockel and Thomas Lynn Edward Cahalan; and her cousins, Dr. John E. Gilster Jr., Joyce Amling Walbridge, and Richard H. Amling.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a sister, Dorothy Jean Welge; and a brother, Robert Gilster Welge.
At the request of Mrs. Irvine, a private graveside service was held Thursday at St. John Lutheran Cemetery in Chester.
Welge-Pechacek Funeral Home in Chester is in charge of arrangements.
Those wishing to send a memorial may forward a donation to their local library or their local animal shelter.