- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Scott City council hires former SEMO public safety director as city administrator (11/15/17)
Show support for cancer patients
To the editor:
I want to invite my fellow Missourians to join me in the fight against breast cancer. Last year I ran in the 2005 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in St. Louis. It was a beautiful day, and I enjoyed the exercise and felt good about doing just a little bit to help a worthy cause.
What struck me, though, was how thousands of other people, most of whom are fighting or had been affected in some way by breast cancer, were taking the time to band together to fight this awful disease. Moms and dads, sons and daughters, cousins, in-laws, neighbors and friends of breast cancer patients all banded together to show we care.
I urge you to join me and thousands of others at this year's Race for the Cure in St. Louis on June 10 to show our support for breast-cancer patients and their families. Kansas City will also host a Race for the Cure Aug. 13, and perhaps many who can't join us in St. Louis can run or walk in that race as well.
You can get more information on this year's races at www.komen.org. I would be pleased to run or walk beside you. Together we will let breast cancer patients everywhere know, in our own small way, that we care.
Lt. Gov. PETER KINDER, Cape Girardeau