- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Rincon goes on DL; Cards call up Gall
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals left-hander Ricardo Rincon was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Friday because of a shoulder injury, creating an opening on the roster for hot-hitting John Gall.
Rincon, 0-0 with a 10.80 ERA in five relief appearances, hasn't pitched since April 18. Trainer Barry Weinberg said the injury was left shoulder impingement and rotator cuff tendinitis.
Manager Tony La Russa said Rincon had been trying to pitch through the injury.
Gall was batting .383 with 31 hits and 14 RBIs in 20 games for Class AAA Memphis. A few days ago he was flirting with .400 and his average is fifth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
Gall, 28, was one of the late cuts in spring training after making the postseason roster last season. Last season, his first in the majors, he batted .270 in 22 games with two homers and 10 RBIs.