- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Durant leads Zurich Classic by two shots in New Orleans
Joe Durant had a bogey-free 8-under 64 to take a two-shot lead over Brett Wetterich in the Zurich Classic.
Durant had a 12-under 132 total on the English Turn course in New Orleans. Wetterich closed with an 8-foot birdie on the ninth hole for a 65.
Two-time U.S. Open champion Retief Goosen sputtered at the start and then steadily improved for a 3-under 69 that left him in a group of seven players at 9-under 135 .
Lorena Ochoa rebounded from a triple bogey and shot a 2-under 70 to finish a stroke behind Mi Hyun Kim (66) after the second round of the Ginn Clubs & Resorts Open in Reunion, Fla.
Ochoa was 7 under after 36 holes and -- once again -- ahead of most of the field. She has been the best golfer on tour this season, with four top-10 finishes in six starts.
Tom Kite got off to a fast start in his bid to win a PGA Tour-sanctioned event in Texas for the first time, birdieing the final hole for a 4-under 68 and a share of the first-round lead in FedEx Kinko's Classic in Lakeway, Texas.
Kite, the Austin resident who is winless in Texas in 98 starts on the PGA Tour and 10 on the Champions Tour, was tied with Jay Haas, Bruce Fleisher, Craig Stadler, Curtis Strange and senior newcomer David Edwards.
-- The Associated Press