- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Leon "Lee" Sanford, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, April 21, 2006, at Life Care Center.
She was born Jan. 4, 1913, in Kennett, Mo., daughter of Daniel W. and Eva Hearn Sanford.
Sanford lived in St. Louis many years and worked at Libson's Specialty Shop. She moved to Cape Girardeau a few months ago. She was a member of the United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a niece, Debra Williamson of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by two sisters.
Graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Hagy Cemetery in Dexter, Mo., with the Rev. John Adams officiating.
Watkins and Sons Funeral Home at Dexter is in charge of arrangements.