- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Aldena W. Gibson, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 24, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Oct. 25, 1921, in Pocahontas, daughter of Peter R. and Maud Ellis Whittaker.
Gibson was a cook at several places. She was a member of Bethany Baptist Church and VFW Post 3838 Auxiliary.
Survivors include a son, Jimmy G. Whittaker of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to service time.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.