- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
St. Louis man arrested in slaying of brother
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. -- A suburban St. Louis man was charged Monday in the stabbing death of his brother. Jeffrey Layton, 40, was charged with second-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of 44-year-old Brien Layton. Both are of Maryland Heights. Bond has been set at $250,000. Police told STLtoday.com, the Web site for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, that they often have been called to the home to break up fights.
The men lived there with their mother.
When the men began fighting in the basement, the mother called police from a neighbor's home. Officers found the victim dead inside a basement bedroom with multiple stab wounds. The suspect was arrested at the scene.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com