- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- Ruth Lydia Schmidt, 83, of Altenburg died Tuesday, April 18, 2006, at her home.
She was born Aug. 9, 1922, at New Wells, daughter of Anton and Edna Koenig Petzoldt. She and Theobald Schmidt were married Nov. 9, 1942. He died March 8, 1994.
Schmidt was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg.
Survivors include a son, Raymond Schmidt of Altenburg; two daughters, Marcia Scholl of St. Louis, Barbara Hamilton of Arnold, Mo.; three sisters, Viola Fassold of DeSoto, Mo., Ardene Koenig of Arnold, Mo., Shirleen Mueller of Perryville, Mo.; six brothers, Tillman, Harlan and Pearl Petzoldt of Perryville, Harold Petzoldt of St. Louis, Herb Petzoldt of Altenburg, Anton "Junior" Petzoldt of Pocahontas; eight grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg from 4:30 to 9 p.m. today, and Friday from 6:30 to 8 a.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg, with the Rev. Steven Dressler officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.