- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Schwarzenegger has bad agenda
To the editor:
On April 12, the Southeast Missourian carried an op-ed by Arnold Schwarzenegger titled "An immigrant writes." In it Governor Schwarzenegger writes: "President Reagan memorably described his 'shining city on a hill' as a place that 'hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.'"
In 1986 Reagan gave amnesty to nearly 4 million illegal immigrants. It pales in comparison to the tens of millions of illegal immigrants that are given amnesty by today's politicians.
The doors that Reagan described and Schwarzenegger wrote about have now turned into floodgates, and in the past two months we have seen those floodgates open.
This is evidenced by the demonstrations in Los Angeles on March 26 and in Dallas on April 9 in which 1 million illegal aliens (insurgents) protested in the streets demanding their "rights."
The majority of these protesters waved the Mexican flag, and many were affiliated with Mexican supremacist groups such as Aztlan and La Raza.
Schwarzenegger also supports President Bush's Free Trade Area of the Americas agenda that, if successful, would rob America of not only jobs, but its sovereignty as well. According to information found at www.arnoldexposed.com, he is an admirer of Hitler, has said he wants to be a dictator and is lobbying to change the Constitution so that he can run for president.
CLINT E. LACY, Chairman, League of Southern Voters, Marble Hill, Mo.