- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Schwarzenegger has bad agenda
To the editor:
On April 12, the Southeast Missourian carried an op-ed by Arnold Schwarzenegger titled "An immigrant writes." In it Governor Schwarzenegger writes: "President Reagan memorably described his 'shining city on a hill' as a place that 'hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.'"
In 1986 Reagan gave amnesty to nearly 4 million illegal immigrants. It pales in comparison to the tens of millions of illegal immigrants that are given amnesty by today's politicians.
The doors that Reagan described and Schwarzenegger wrote about have now turned into floodgates, and in the past two months we have seen those floodgates open.
This is evidenced by the demonstrations in Los Angeles on March 26 and in Dallas on April 9 in which 1 million illegal aliens (insurgents) protested in the streets demanding their "rights."
The majority of these protesters waved the Mexican flag, and many were affiliated with Mexican supremacist groups such as Aztlan and La Raza.
Schwarzenegger also supports President Bush's Free Trade Area of the Americas agenda that, if successful, would rob America of not only jobs, but its sovereignty as well. According to information found at www.arnoldexposed.com, he is an admirer of Hitler, has said he wants to be a dictator and is lobbying to change the Constitution so that he can run for president.
CLINT E. LACY, Chairman, League of Southern Voters, Marble Hill, Mo.