- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Schwarzenegger has bad agenda
To the editor:
On April 12, the Southeast Missourian carried an op-ed by Arnold Schwarzenegger titled "An immigrant writes." In it Governor Schwarzenegger writes: "President Reagan memorably described his 'shining city on a hill' as a place that 'hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.'"
In 1986 Reagan gave amnesty to nearly 4 million illegal immigrants. It pales in comparison to the tens of millions of illegal immigrants that are given amnesty by today's politicians.
The doors that Reagan described and Schwarzenegger wrote about have now turned into floodgates, and in the past two months we have seen those floodgates open.
This is evidenced by the demonstrations in Los Angeles on March 26 and in Dallas on April 9 in which 1 million illegal aliens (insurgents) protested in the streets demanding their "rights."
The majority of these protesters waved the Mexican flag, and many were affiliated with Mexican supremacist groups such as Aztlan and La Raza.
Schwarzenegger also supports President Bush's Free Trade Area of the Americas agenda that, if successful, would rob America of not only jobs, but its sovereignty as well. According to information found at www.arnoldexposed.com, he is an admirer of Hitler, has said he wants to be a dictator and is lobbying to change the Constitution so that he can run for president.
CLINT E. LACY, Chairman, League of Southern Voters, Marble Hill, Mo.