- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Letter writer sounds uninformed
To the editor:
A recent letter writer accused President Bush of being the most destructive and ineffective resident in his lifetime. I am amused that the writer claims to have voted for Bush twice. He seems to have experienced a miraculous transformation during the past 18 months.
I am curious about who "pulled the teeth" of Saddam Hussein. I would also ask him if Kerry, Clinton, Gore, the United Nations, Britain and most of the world cherry-picked intelligence. They all said the same thing. I would remind him of another credible commission that many believed to be accurate: the Warren Commission.
As for as respect for our Constitution, President Bush has not yet offered full pardons to 16 terrorists to support his wife's political ambition. Remember the FALN terrorists responsible for 130 bombings in the U.S resulting in six deaths and scores of wounded?
I would not label the letter writer as one of the "kook fringe," but I would label him as either uninformed or purposely operating under the veil of a disgruntled Republican with a very specific agenda during a time of war.
BILL PALMER, Bakersfield, Calif.