- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Letter writer sounds uninformed
To the editor:
A recent letter writer accused President Bush of being the most destructive and ineffective resident in his lifetime. I am amused that the writer claims to have voted for Bush twice. He seems to have experienced a miraculous transformation during the past 18 months.
I am curious about who "pulled the teeth" of Saddam Hussein. I would also ask him if Kerry, Clinton, Gore, the United Nations, Britain and most of the world cherry-picked intelligence. They all said the same thing. I would remind him of another credible commission that many believed to be accurate: the Warren Commission.
As for as respect for our Constitution, President Bush has not yet offered full pardons to 16 terrorists to support his wife's political ambition. Remember the FALN terrorists responsible for 130 bombings in the U.S resulting in six deaths and scores of wounded?
I would not label the letter writer as one of the "kook fringe," but I would label him as either uninformed or purposely operating under the veil of a disgruntled Republican with a very specific agenda during a time of war.
BILL PALMER, Bakersfield, Calif.