- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Letter writer sounds uninformed
To the editor:
A recent letter writer accused President Bush of being the most destructive and ineffective resident in his lifetime. I am amused that the writer claims to have voted for Bush twice. He seems to have experienced a miraculous transformation during the past 18 months.
I am curious about who "pulled the teeth" of Saddam Hussein. I would also ask him if Kerry, Clinton, Gore, the United Nations, Britain and most of the world cherry-picked intelligence. They all said the same thing. I would remind him of another credible commission that many believed to be accurate: the Warren Commission.
As for as respect for our Constitution, President Bush has not yet offered full pardons to 16 terrorists to support his wife's political ambition. Remember the FALN terrorists responsible for 130 bombings in the U.S resulting in six deaths and scores of wounded?
I would not label the letter writer as one of the "kook fringe," but I would label him as either uninformed or purposely operating under the veil of a disgruntled Republican with a very specific agenda during a time of war.
BILL PALMER, Bakersfield, Calif.