- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
Letter writer sounds uninformed
To the editor:
A recent letter writer accused President Bush of being the most destructive and ineffective resident in his lifetime. I am amused that the writer claims to have voted for Bush twice. He seems to have experienced a miraculous transformation during the past 18 months.
I am curious about who "pulled the teeth" of Saddam Hussein. I would also ask him if Kerry, Clinton, Gore, the United Nations, Britain and most of the world cherry-picked intelligence. They all said the same thing. I would remind him of another credible commission that many believed to be accurate: the Warren Commission.
As for as respect for our Constitution, President Bush has not yet offered full pardons to 16 terrorists to support his wife's political ambition. Remember the FALN terrorists responsible for 130 bombings in the U.S resulting in six deaths and scores of wounded?
I would not label the letter writer as one of the "kook fringe," but I would label him as either uninformed or purposely operating under the veil of a disgruntled Republican with a very specific agenda during a time of war.
BILL PALMER, Bakersfield, Calif.