- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Letter writer sounds uninformed
To the editor:
A recent letter writer accused President Bush of being the most destructive and ineffective resident in his lifetime. I am amused that the writer claims to have voted for Bush twice. He seems to have experienced a miraculous transformation during the past 18 months.
I am curious about who "pulled the teeth" of Saddam Hussein. I would also ask him if Kerry, Clinton, Gore, the United Nations, Britain and most of the world cherry-picked intelligence. They all said the same thing. I would remind him of another credible commission that many believed to be accurate: the Warren Commission.
As for as respect for our Constitution, President Bush has not yet offered full pardons to 16 terrorists to support his wife's political ambition. Remember the FALN terrorists responsible for 130 bombings in the U.S resulting in six deaths and scores of wounded?
I would not label the letter writer as one of the "kook fringe," but I would label him as either uninformed or purposely operating under the veil of a disgruntled Republican with a very specific agenda during a time of war.
BILL PALMER, Bakersfield, Calif.