- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
St. Louis shooter may have killed another woman
ST. LOUIS -- The gunman who killed three women before turning the gun on himself may have also killed a fourth woman, St. Louis police said Wednesday.
The body of the fourth woman was found Wednesday in an apartment in north St. Louis owned by a friend of the gunman, Herbert Chalmers, St. Louis Police Major Reggie Harris said. The victim was in her late 20s or early 30s, and Chalmers was known to stay at the apartment, Harris said.
The woman was shot three or four times, Harris said. Shell casings at the crime scene were similar to those found at the site of Tuesday's killings.
On Tuesday, Chalmers killed his estranged girlfriend at her apartment, then went to Finninger's Catering Service where he killed two women. Chalmers then shot himself.