- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Popes honored at reception
Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Pope of Whitewater were honored at a reception Feb. 25, 2006, at Delta Community Center, in celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary.
Hosts were their children.
Pope and Carolyn Moore were married Feb. 26, 1956, at Randles, by Ollie Harrell. Their attendants were Vivian London, Pauline Hitt, Joyce Slinkard, Jerry Thompson, Robert Moore, and Alvin Pope.
The Popes have three children, Kathy (Jeff) Sparks of St. Charles, Mo., Andy Pope of Pueblo, Colo., and Brian Pope of Indialantic, Fla., and a grandchild.