- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Gereckes married 60 years
Henry and Mildred Gerecke of Cape Girardeau recently observed their 60th wedding anniversary.
The couple was married April 6, 1946, at Emmaus Lutheran Church in St. Louis.
Gerecke retired from the U.S. Army as a colonel in 1974, retired as chief of police from Cape Girardeau Police Department in 1981, and retired as an instructor at Southeast Missouri State University in 1992. Mrs. Gerecke was a nurse in the Army.
The Gereckes children and spouses are David and wife Dorothy of Australia; Stephen and wife Karen of Lansing, Kan., and Jan and husband Robert of McClure, Ill. They have three grandchildren and a great-grandson.