- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- R.D. Hammontree, 74, of East Prairie died Thursday, April 13, 2006, at Monticello House in Jackson.
He was born April 10, 1932, in Guin, Ala., son of Lester and Frances Green Hammontree.
Hammontree lived in East Prairie most of his life, where he owned Hammontree Plumbing. He was a member of First Church of God in East Prairie, and was a Mason.
Survivors include two sons, Ronnie Hammontree of East Prairie, Mike Hammontree of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, with Rob Kespelher officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.