- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Floyd F. Boxdorfer, 79, of Perryville died Thursday, April 13, 2006, at his home.
He was born Aug. 30, 1926, at Menfro, Mo., son of Fred W. and Edna Klobe Boxdorfer. He and Alice Kirn were married May 24, 1952, at Perryville.
Boxdorfer was a mechanic and truck driver. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, VFW Post 4282, and American Legion Post 133.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Randy and Larry Boxdorfer of Perryville; three sisters, Hallie Pourney, Wilda Favier and Margie Hudson, all of Perryville; a brother, Roy Boxdorfer of Barnhart, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, followed by the American Legion service. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Revs. Kevin Fausz and Rickey Valleroy officiating. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery, with military honors courtesy of American Legion Post 133.