- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Please help with our trip to Mexico
To the editor:
Dear President Bush: I'm about to plan a trip with my family and extended family. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help. Would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:
1. Free medical care.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats.
3. Government forms printed in English.
4. English-speaking teachers.
5. Classes on American culture and history.
6. The American flag flying on the top of the flag pole with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
9. I do not plan to have car insurance and won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. Please be sure all police officers speak English.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house, put flag decals on my car and have a celebration on the Fourth of July. I do not want any complaints from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes.
13. Please tell all the people to be nice and never say a critical word about me or about the strain I might place on the economy.
ROBERT T. KRONE Jr., Cape Girardeau