- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Please help with our trip to Mexico
To the editor:
Dear President Bush: I'm about to plan a trip with my family and extended family. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help. Would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:
1. Free medical care.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats.
3. Government forms printed in English.
4. English-speaking teachers.
5. Classes on American culture and history.
6. The American flag flying on the top of the flag pole with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
9. I do not plan to have car insurance and won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. Please be sure all police officers speak English.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house, put flag decals on my car and have a celebration on the Fourth of July. I do not want any complaints from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes.
13. Please tell all the people to be nice and never say a critical word about me or about the strain I might place on the economy.
ROBERT T. KRONE Jr., Cape Girardeau