- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
William L. Eaker Jr., 54, of Florissant, Mo., died Monday, April 3, 2006, at his home.
He was born Oct. 9, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of William L. and Vesta Bee Devenport Eaker.
Eaker was a helicopter mechanic in the U.S. Army and a veteran of the Vietnam War.
He was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, VFW Post 3838, American Legion Post 404 in Florissant, and Disabled American Veterans in St. Louis.
He is survived by his mother of Florissant; a brother, Brent D. Eaker, of Florissant; and a sister, Becky Eaker of Kirkwood, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jeff Long officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum. Military honors will be provided by Missouri Honors Team.