- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Doris Catherine Slaughter, 79, of Arnold, Mo., died Thursday, March 30, 2006, at St. John's Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur, Mo.
She was born March 2, 1927, in New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of Anthony and Estella Burger Hahn. She and Leon Glueck were married in 1948. He died Nov. 12, 1971. She later married James Slaughter in 1985. He died April 24, 1993.
Slaughter was a member of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Sikeston, Mo. She was formerly of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three daughters, Sharon King of High Ridge, Mo., Donna Twibell and Janet Thurman of Arnold, Mo.; three sons, Leonard Glueck of Hornersville, Mo., Vincent Glueck of Benton, Mo., Kevin Glueck of Kansas City, Mo.; a brother, Richard Hahn of Advance, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son and a sister.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau. Private burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Vinyard Funeral Home in Festus, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.