- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Daniel Lee Gossett, 77, of Chaffee died Monday, April 3, 2006, at his home.
He was born Aug. 4, 1928, in St. Louis, son of Carl Jackson and Thelma Laura Brown Gossett. He and Evelyn Long Reeves were married June 18, 1979, at Matthews, Mo.
Gossett was a chemical operator 25 years at Mallinckrodt Chemical Co. in St. Louis.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Phillip Reeves of Chaffee; two daughters, Marilyn Ritter of Benton, Mo., Leann Knuckles of Chaffee; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston, Mo., from 5 to 8 p.m. today. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Cliff Day officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery at Sikeston, with full military honors provided by Missouri Military Funeral Honor Guard.