- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Bernice A. Buck, 86, of Sikeston died Wednesday, March 29, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 4, 1919, at Benton, Mo., daughter of Theodore and Rosa Logel Bollinger. She and Vernon B. Buck were married Feb. 17, 1944, in Memphis, Tenn. He died March 1, 1994.
Buck was a member of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, Daughters of Isabella and the Altar Society.
Survivors include three daughters, Sherry Russell of Dogwood, Mo., Amy Brentlinger of Cape Girardeau, Kris Lathum of Matthews, Mo.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a grandson.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 4 to 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Francis Xavier Church, with Monsignor Richard Rolwing officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.