- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mark Edwin Underwood, 44, of McKinney, Texas, passed away Tuesday, March 28, 2006, at his home.
He was born June 7, 1961, in Cape Girardeau, to Dennis and Barbara Cossairt Underwood. He spent his childhood in Cape Girardeau, where he was baptized at First Christian Church. He was a 1983 honor graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.
He married Julia Ferguson Nov. 7, 1998.
Mr. Underwood was a software engineer for Texas Instruments. He was a member of the Texas Instruments Track Team, Plano Cycling Club, and the Dallas Off Road Bicycle Association. He attended Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church in McKinney, and formerly was a choir member at the Reformed Church of Plano.
Mr. Underwood is survived by his wife, Julia; parents, Dennis and Barbara Underwood of Cape Girardeau: a son, Tyler Underwood of Leavenworth, Kan.; three brothers, Tim and wife Marcia of Sikeston, Mo., Joel of St. Louis, Terence and wife Rachel of Cape Girardeau; two nieces and a nephew.
Visitation will be 10 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, followed by a memorial service at 11:30 at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, 1001 N. Mount Auburn Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
To convey condolences or to sign an online registry, please visit www.tjmfuneral.com.