- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hiram Daniel Roach, 77, of Jackson died Tuesday, March 28, 2006, at his home.
He was born May 23, 1928, in Grand Chain, Ill., son of Daniel C. and Ruth Lewis Roach. He and Joan Brandon Kreher were married March 6, 1993.
He was inducted into the U.S. Air Force Aug. 20, 1948. He retired from the military Aug. 31, 1966.
He was a charter member of Lakeside Worship Center in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Daniel Roach of Sarasota, Fla.; three daughters, Charlene Welander of Sarasota, Margaret Hutter of Nokomis, Fla., and Linda Forland of Vancouver, Wash.; three stepsons, John and Kevin Kreher of St. Louis, Paul Kreher of Warrensburg, Mo.; a stepbrother, Russell Inman of Grand Chain; 15 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a stepson.
Friends may call Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be Friday at 1 p.m. at the funeral home with the Rev. Dan Chaney officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery with graveside military honors.