- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Carl Clinton Morrill, 63, of Big Sandy, Texas, died Sunday, March 26, 2006, in a hospital in Tyler, Texas.
He was born Jan. 22, 1943, at Elmo, Mo., son of Walter and Mildred Davis Morrill.
Morrill worked 25 years at Tyler Pipe Industries.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife, Martha Louise Morrill; five stepchildren, Steven Scott of Winona, Texas, Linda Scott and Randy Scott of Tyler, Anthony Davis of Whitehouse, Texas, Alfredo Hermosillo of Louisiana; two sisters, Jo Ann Schlenker of Scott City, Thelma McCormick of Marble Hill, Mo.; three brothers, Norman Morrill of Oran, Mo., Dale Morrill of Dexter, Mo., Larry Morrill of Scott City; 10 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Caudle-Rutledge Funeral Home in Lindale, Texas, with the Rev. Jerry Phelps officiating. Burial will be in Hopewell Cemetery near Lindale.