- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Redhawks suffer 7-0 OVC loss
Defending Ohio Valley Conference champion Tennessee-Martin pinned a 7-0 defeat on visiting Southeast Missouri State on Tuesday afternoon.
The loss dropped the Redhawks to 8-8 overall and 1-3 in the OVC.
"We've played the cream of the OVC the first week and a half," Southeast coach Jay Pacelli said. "We're still real optimistic we'll get into the conference tournament. We're looking to take a couple of victories this weekend."
Southeast travels to Morehead State on Saturday and Eastern Kentucky on Sunday.
On Tuesday, Southeast picked up only a win at No. 1 doubles, where Bryce and Drew Kristal defeated Sara Leavy and Katrina Domela 8-5.
But UTM won the other two doubles matches to take the doubles point and then swept the six singles matches.
1. Katrina Domela (UTM) def. Bryce Kristal 6-2, 6-2
2. Sara Leavy (UTM) def. Drew Kristal 6-1, 6-3
3. Jeanne de Wet (UTM) def. Julia Masotti 6-0, 6-1
4. Elizma Schoonees (UTM) def. Luz Garcia 6-0, 6-4
5. Amber Garza (UTM) def. Juliana Negosek 6-0, 6-2
6, Ernestine Koornhof (UTM) def. Kimmy Anderson 6-4, 6-0
1. Kristal-Kristal (S) def. Leavy-Domela 8-5
2. Garza-de Wet (UTM) def. Negosek-Masotti 8-3
3. Schoonees-Koornhof (UTM) def. Garcia-Anderson 8-2