- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cubs place Prior, Wood on DL; Grissom retires
Cubs pitchers Mark Prior and Kerry Wood went on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday. Neither move came as a surprise, as both have been rehabbing from injuries.
Prior, who has not pitched in a spring training game, has a strained muscle in the right shoulder. Wood had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee this month to repair a minor cartilage tear.
Also at Cubs' camp, Marquis Grissom announced his retirement after a 17-year major league career.
Grissom, 38, leaves as one of seven players in major league history to have 2,000 hits, 200 home runs and 400 stolen bases. He was a two-time All-Star and four-time Gold Glove winner.