- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cubs place Prior, Wood on DL; Grissom retires
Cubs pitchers Mark Prior and Kerry Wood went on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday. Neither move came as a surprise, as both have been rehabbing from injuries.
Prior, who has not pitched in a spring training game, has a strained muscle in the right shoulder. Wood had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee this month to repair a minor cartilage tear.
Also at Cubs' camp, Marquis Grissom announced his retirement after a 17-year major league career.
Grissom, 38, leaves as one of seven players in major league history to have 2,000 hits, 200 home runs and 400 stolen bases. He was a two-time All-Star and four-time Gold Glove winner.