- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Gary E. Sparks, 56, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, March 26, 2006, at his home.
He was born Jan. 16, 1950, in the state of Arkansas, son of Leo and Lena Dewrock Sparks. He and Mary Rains were married April 10, 1999, in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Gary Sparks Jr. of Cape Girardeau, Mark Sparks of Anna, Ill.; two stepdaughters, Nancy Ing of Cape Girardeau, Joy Brown of Patton, Mo.; three brothers, Jerry Sparks of St. Clair, Mo., Luther and Ricky Sparks of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Mary Ann Sparks of Georgia; and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lorimier Cemetery, with the Rev. Dorothy Allen officiating.