- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DEXTER, Mo. -- Mildred Marie Payne, 83, of Dexter died Sunday, March 26, 2006, at Cypress Point Health Care in Dexter.
She was born Nov. 7, 1922, in Gibson, Mo., daughter of James and Fannie Cashion Stafford. She and Eldon Perry Payne were married June 21, 1941, at Campbell, Mo. He died Jan. 4, 1998.
Payne and her husband owned and operated Payne's Shoe Store in Dexter more than 30 years.
Survivors include two daughters, Kathy McCuan of Jackson, Teena Fields of Dexter; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter from 9 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Bentley officiating. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.