- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Deanna Marie Engelen and Christopher Domnic Brown were married May 28, 2005, at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold. The Rev. Bill Huggins performed the ceremony. Organist was Mary Jansen of Leopold.
The bride is the daughter of Robert and Annabel Engelen of Leopold. The groom is the son of Kenneth and Mary Jane Brown of Marble Hill, Mo.
Maid of honor and matron of honor were Kristina Engelen and Melissa Lincoln, both of Leopold and sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Annette Engelen of Gordonville and Angel Engelen of Leopold, sisters-in-law of the bride; and Chantel Childers of Cape Girardeau.
The groom chose his brothers, Dean and David Brown of Marble Hill, as best men. Groomsmen were Michael Engelen of Gordonville and David Engelen of Leopold, brothers of the bride; and Keith Vandeven of Glennon, Mo. Ushers were Scott Engelen, brother of the bride, Ron Lincoln, brother-in-law of the bride, both of Leopold; Chad VanGennip of Glennon; and David Thiele of Leopold.
Candlelighters were Cassie Engelen, sister of the bride, and Rachel Allen, both of Leopold.
Flower girl was Beth Lincoln and ringbearer was Conner Lincoln, children of Ron and Melissa Lincoln, niece and nephew of the bride.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Leopold.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 27 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Brown is a 2002 graduate of Leopold High School, and a 2004 graduate of Mineral Area College. She expects to receive a degree in radiological technology from Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences in 2007. She is employed in the Surgical Progressive Care Unit at Southeast Hospital.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of Jackson High School, and a 1998 graduate of Nashville Auto-Diesel College. He is employed at McDonald Concrete Co.
After a wedding trip to Gulf Shores, Ala., Biloxi, Miss., and New Orleans, La., the couple resides in Whitewater.