- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Paul David "Dave" Koehler, 60, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, March 25, 2006, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 18, 1945, in Cape Girardeau, son of Paul J. and Catherine Horrell Koehler.
Koehler graduated from Notre Dame High School and Southeast Missouri State University, where he received a bachelor's degree in business administration and an associate's degree in computer science. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1963 to 1965 and was a veteran of the Vietnam War. Koehler worked at VIP Industries and had been a computer operator at the University of Missouri-Rolla. He attended St. Vincent de Paul Church. He was a lifetime member of the U.S. Chess Federation.
Survivors include three brothers, Don Koehler and Mark Koehler, both of Cape Girardeau, Michael Koehler of Paris, Ark.; and a sister, Cathy Pope of Downingtown, Pa.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday with a vigil service at 7 p.m. Military rites will be at 8 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating.