- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Shirley R. Cunningham, 77, of Anna and Fort Myers, Fla., died Tuesday, March 21, 2006, at Lee Memorial Hospital in Fort Myers.
She was born June 24, 1928, in Detroit, Mich., daughter of Ralph and Ruby Smith Haney. She and William R. Cunningham were married April 24, 1982, in Fort Myers.
Cunningham was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Carl Turlin of Kansas City, Mo.; a daughter, Karen Shephard of Calhoun, Mo.; a stepson, Patrick Cunningham of Scottsdale, Ariz.; a stepdaughter, Nancy McNealy of Indianapolis, Ind.; four sisters, Colleen Reading of Fredericksburg, Va., Kathryn Halter of Anna, Betty McLanahan and Mary Newell of Fairview Heights, Ill.; three grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; and a great-stepgrandchild.
She was preceded in death by a stepson.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Church, with Monsignor Dennis Schaefer officiating. Burial will be Monday in Mount Olivet Cemetery in Kansas City.