- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)9
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Birthday wish: Help homeless animals
To the editor:
The Humane Society of Southeast Missouri would like to thank Morgan Anne Morris for her recent donation.
Morgan is a lovely young lady who recently celebrated her 12th birthday.
In lieu of traditional gifts Morgan requested her family and friends bring donations to help take care of homeless animals in our community.
It takes a special person to put the needs of the less fortunate ahead of their own. We at the Humane Society are constantly surprised and pleased by the number of children in our community who have shown this level of care and kindness .
Happy birthday from all of our dogs, cats, puppies and kittens.
CHERYLE DILLON, Outreach Coordinator, Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau