- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Gladys Hale, 95, of Phoenix, Ariz., died Thursday, March 16, 2006, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix.
She was born Dec. 1, 1910, in the Dogwood community near East Prairie, daughter of Arch and Josephine L. Ponder Hale.
Hale moved to Phoenix in 1950 from North Carolina. She was a retired accountant.
Survivors include a niece, Pamela Maddox of Cape Girardeau, and a nephew, Robert Hale of Villisca, Iowa.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Dan Usher officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.